kipra kongo [home]

Congo-Kinshasa | Congo RDC | Congo DRC | news | actualités | information | blog

2010.10.28 La presse anglophone sur la RDC de ce jeudi

leave a comment »

VOICE OF AMERICA
30 Congolese Women Allegedly Raped, Held Captive in Angola
A few weeks after reports of hundreds of men, women and children being raped in the eastern DRC, there’s word of yet another brutal incident involving Congolese.  However, the latest incident reportedly occurred in neighboring Angola. [Lire la suite, http://www.voanews.com/english/news/africa/decapua-angola-drc-rapes-27oct10-105878548.html]

CONGO SIASA
The international community, money and 2011 in the Congo
Just a few months ago, President Kabila’s outlook wasn’t too bad. He had achieved debt cancellation, freeing up a substantial amount of money in his budget, he had made (tentative) peace with his longstanding external rival Rwanda, while his longstanding internal rival Jean-Pierre Bemba will be standing trial in The Hague in November. If the case of Thomas Lubanga is anything judge by, Bemba could be in the docket for quite some time – Lubanga has been standing trial since January 2009 – apparently disqualifying him from participating in the Congolese elections of November 2011. [Lire la suite, http://congosiasa.blogspot.com/]

FRANCE24
Are UN Peacekeepers Failing?
7 years after the civil war ended, the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo is still being plagued by renegade militias and rebel groups. The UN says there’s proof of around 15,000 rapes being committed just last year, and also that government troops could be behind many of them. This has sparked complaints the 20,000 strong UN peacekeeping force stationed in these eastern regions is failing its mission to bring security and stability. [Suivre le reportage, http://www.france24.com/en/20101026-2010-dr-congo-civilians-un-peacekeepers-peacekeeping-mission-fail-failure-security-rape]

NEW YORK TIMES
Angola : U.N. Reports Gang Rapes on Congo Border
At least 30 women were kept as prisoners in a dungeonlike structure and gang-raped over several weeks at the border with Congo, then left naked in the bush, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said Tuesday. The women were among more than 150 Congolese citizens who had arrived in Bandundu Province in southwestern Congo after being expelled from neighboring Angola. [Lire la suite, http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/world/africa/27briefs-ANGOLA.html?scp=2&sq=congo&st=cse]

WASHINGTON POST
UN says Congolese refugees return home this week
The U.N.’s refugee agency says the first wave of Congolese refugees living in Burundi will be repatriated this week. [Lire la suite, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/28/AR2010102802409.html]

Obama waiver allows U.S. aid to 4 countries using child soldiers
President Obama has granted a waiver allowing four countries to continue receiving U.S. military aid even though they use child soldiers, officials said Wednesday. [Lire la suite, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/27/AR2010102707157.html]

Written by kipraKongo

2010-10-28 à 11:39

Veuillez répondre. Merci.

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion / Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Google+

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Google+. Déconnexion / Changer )

Connexion à %s

%d blogueurs aiment cette page :